Karnataka Marriage Certificate Apply Online, Get Form PDF, Sample & Required Documents – Marriage certificate is an essential and legal document, this certificate is covered by the Hindu Marriage Act of 1955 or the Special Marriage Act of 1954. Marriage registration has been made necessary by the Supreme Court of India to protect the rights of the women of the country. In this direction, the option of online and offline process for Karnataka Marriage Certificate is being provided by the Government of Karnataka to the citizens of the state. In today’s article, we are going to provide you with all the information related to the Karnataka Marriage Certificate 2023. [Also Read- Seva Sindhu: Service Plus Portal (ಸೇವಾ ಸಿಂಧು) Login, Registration]
Karnataka Marriage Certificate 2023
Karnataka Marriage Certificate has been made mandatory by the Karnataka state government for married residents of the state. To get this certificate, the married couple first have to register their marriage in the government marriage offices. Now this work can be done offline as well as online by all the citizens of the state. A website called Kaveri Online Seva has also been launched by the Government of Karnataka, through this website the digitization transition of the state will be brought closer. Karnataka Marriage Certificate 2023 has now been made mandatory by the state government for all married citizens of the state. [Also Read- Karnataka Lockdown Pass: Registration, COVID-19 Travel Pass Karnataka]
Overview of Karnataka Marriage Certificate
|Karnataka Marriage Certificate
|By Government of Karnataka
|married citizens of the state
|Making certificates of all married citizens of the state
|Certificate will be made for all the married citizens of the state
|Karnataka Government Schemes
Requirement for Karnataka Marriage Certificate
- For the bride who wants to change her name on any document, Karnataka Marriage Certificate 2023 will act as proof of that.
- Along with this, the claim for life insurance can also be made by the married citizens of the state with the help of this certificate.
- Karnataka Marriage Certificate can be easily used in paternity or divorce cases as well.
- Apart from this, it will act as a proof of marriage, along with this, anyone will be prevented from mentioning it by this certificate.
Eligibility for Karnataka Marriage Certificate
- The married couple seeking to obtain this certificate must be the native of Karnataka state.
- The age of the person wishing to register for this certificate should be at least 21 years.
- Along with this, the age of the woman wishing to register for this certificate should be at least 18 years.
Documents Required for Karnataka Marriage Certificate
- Filled application form duly signed by bride and groom.
- The publication where the news of the bride’s name change is announced.
- Bride and groom resident proof like voter ID card, passport, driving license, telephone bill, electricity bill etc. Make sure that the name of the candidate should be present in the proof of address.
- Age proof of bride and groom, eg- 10th class scorecard or their passport.
- There are two photographs of the bride and groom in their wedding attire and at the wedding ceremony (with families).
- aadhar card of bride and groom
- Six photographs of bride and groom together in the size of 2B
- Marriage Card (Original Card)
- Two passport size photographs of bride and groom.
- couple id proof
- The bride and groom submitted individual marriage affidavits in the prescribed format.
- An affidavit is required if the bride changes her name after marriage.
- All required documents need to have their own attestation.
- Applicant couples have to bring all the original certificates along with them on the day of verification.
- In a married couple, it is mandatory for one of the husband and wife to have the address proof issued by the government.
Procedure to Apply Online for Karnataka Marriage Certificate
All the citizens of the state who want to apply online for Karnataka Marriage Certificate 2023 can apply under it by following the following procedure:-
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of the Department of Stamps and Registration, Government of Karnataka, after that the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website you have to enter your username and password to login if you are already a user.
- On the contrary, if you are a new user, first you have to complete the signup process, to do so click on the link “Register as a new user“.
- After this, the registration form will be displayed in front of you, here you have to enter the details of the information asked like- your name, gender, address, phone number and other details etc.
- After this you have to click on the option of register, now sign in and complete the “Marriage Registration Certificate” with the details of bride and groom.
- Then you have to submit the application, under this the acknowledgment sheet, which assigns a temporary number to the pair, should then be printed by the applicants.
- Now you have to get a physical copy of the slip and you must be present at the register on the specified date along with necessary witnesses and original documents.
- The marriage certificate should be signed by the couple and the witness, after following this procedure the married couple will get the Karnataka Marriage Certificate 2023 very soon.
Procedure to Apply Offline under Karnataka Marriage Certificate
- First of all you have to get the marriage application form from the official website, after that you have to enter the details of all the information asked in the application form.
- Thereafter the Karnataka marriage application form should be submitted along with the scanned copies of the desired certificates.
- Now applicants have to deliver the prepared form and attested references to the nearest Sub Registrar Office.
- Candidates will be given a specified time and day to report at the office along with original documents and witnesses. This information will be provided by the higher officials.
- Once there, the marriage registry is signed at the registrar’s office, after which the married couple will receive two copies of the certificate from the authorities, and the remaining copies will be sent to the office for record.
Witness for Karnataka Marriage Certificate
- Under this, the person applying should be at least 21 years of age.
- The only person who qualifies as a witness must actually be present at the wedding of the bride and groom.
- Additionally, from both the bride and groom’s side of the witness pool, the closest blood relative is chosen.
Karnataka Marriage Certificate Fee
- The registration of marriage certificate under the Hindu Marriage Act will not be subject to fee, while the cost of a certified copy under it is Rs 10, the application fee is only Rs 5.
- The ritual fee is Rs 10, as specified by the Special Marriage Act, with an additional fee of Rs 15 to be paid if the ceremony is held at a place other than the sub-registrar’s office.
- Under this a fixed fee of Rs 2 will be paid for obtaining an attested copy of the marriage paperwork, the fee for intended marriage will be Rs 3.
- Apart from this, Rs 2 will have to be paid by the candidates for the certified copy under the Parsi Marriage Act.